The Tralee Marathon 2020 is a 26.2 mile road race that will be held in Tralee and the surrounding countryside of North Kerry.
It will honour Tom Crean Ireland's and Kerry's great Antarctic explorer. Every finisher receives a Tom Crean memorial medal and a Tralee Marathon finisher tech top. For this event we will be also be honouring local runner Conor Cusack with the introduction of the Conor Cusack Memorial Cup. Conor sadly passed away in 2019.
Full Marathon FAQ
Is the race chip timed?
Yes, the Tralee Marathon is timed by Timing Solutions Ireland.
Where can I collect my number and race pack?
The number will be posted out and the T-shirt will be at the finish line.
Do you have a bag drop Facility?
Yes, collection at the start line and collection at the finish line.
Where does the race start and finish?
The start and finish of the full marathon are shown on the map below.
What time does the race start?
What is the cost?
€50 per participant.
Full Marathon Course
Rules & Regulations
All rules have been established in order to protect the safety of our participant's.Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in helping everyone to enjoy race day.
- Entry fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- Headphones are not permitted on the course for reasons of health & safety, both yours and other competitors. When you wear such a device you are unable to hear other competitors, cars, bicycles or stewards instructions.
- Marathon runners must complete the course in 7 hours.
- The decisions of the race director are final in all matters.
- Please be courteous to other road and pavement users.
- There are no road closures normal rules of the road apply , please follow any instructions from the stewards and Gardaí.
- Bottled water will be available at water stations every four miles along the route and at the finish line, when disposing of your bottles and cups do not drop them on the road in front of you where they can be hazardous to runners behind you.
- If you have to drop out you should make your way to the closest steward who will make contact with the appropriate personnel depending on your needs.
- Event officials reserve the right, to modify, supplement or waive all or part of the event rules.
- The course is marked in Kilometres starting with 42k or the signage reflects the distance left to the finish not the distance completed.